Friday, June 25, 2010

Is it seriously the end of June?? Where the heck did it come from? 2010 certainly has brought on a lot of new challenges. Balancing the immense happiness of 2 incredible babies with the immense sadness of a parent suffering is no easy task! I guess everything happens to keep us grounded and human. If my mom weren't sick- I'd float away with joy. My kids are crazy-awesome. New challenges and chances to learn (and teach) present themselves every waking minute of every day. Needless to say, I go to bed utterly exhausted! Addie is... becoming a 2 year old? LOL is that a nice way to put it? (considering she is 2 1/2) She needs "corrected" about every 3 minutes because she has totally lost the words "please" and "thank you" out of her vocabulary. But, I've been expecting her to start testing the boundaries and believe me, she has been! So, like I said- we are all learning. ;) But, at 2 1/2 she is a pretty cool 30 year old. People who don't even know her have stopped me in an aisle at Target to tell me what an old soul she is. And that is so true! Some days she is like a 10 year old... Other days she is like an 80 year old with infinite wisdom... Yes, she is 2 1/2- but until you've met her and experienced her amazing-ness then you just don't know what I'm talking about. My son is equally charming. I'm not just saying that because I'm his mom. ;) I love the way he stretches for 3 minutes in the morning after being swaddled all night. I love the way his hairline shifts and his eyes turn into half moons when he smiles. The way he grunts when he hears me shaking his bottle to mix the formula in (yes, I've been remembering to add formula!) :) It's definitely been interesting fitting marriage into the mix of 2 babies! You absolutely have to make a conscience decision to work at your marriage or you will be swallowed up in the day-to-day business! Luckily, we have amazing family who will hang out with our kiddos while we eat dinner together or while we just go to the mall and window shop. It's a must for busy parents!
Mom is done with chemo and radiation!! YAY!!! It was a bumpy road for her (all of us) to navigate and I wish I could say we were at the end... We are (she is) only 1/3 of the way through... after an 8 week treatment hiatus she will have a major surgery to remove the cancer. Then she will endure a more intense round of chemo (length of treatment is currently unknown). Then she will go back under the knife for a more minor surgery. AND THEN this hellish ordeal should be over. And we can lift our glasses and toast a cancer-free woman! Doubt the remainder is gonna be that easy- but we will all be pulling for her, that's for sure! Communication is key when dealing with this mess! Because it, too (meaning cancer) is a chance to learn and teach. To learn how to be giving of time and emotion for those in need. And to teach our children how to be compassionate, caring people. So, please stop and say a little prayer for my mom. She is a strong woman, but this is a tough fight. One that I wouldn't wish on any family or person any where in the world.

No comments:

Post a Comment