Saturday, June 5, 2010

man, i 'm not doing a good job of keeping this as updated as I would like. BUT, in my defense- I have 2 children and a husband (and 2 dogs and a cat) that all require varying amounts of attention. I have a full time job. I have a home for sale... It's a busy life. :)
My little man is over 3 months old now and he literally grows right before my very eyes. He is such a nice little boy. He is sleeping so good! I just swaddle him up and put him in his bed (sometimes still wide eyed) and he just goes to sleep. He usually sleeps until 7 or 7:30, but this morning he (so kindly) slept until after 8!! He doesn't always love car rides, but I think with his crazy head of hair he just gets hot in his carseat. Add-a-roo is growing and learning and changing like a weed, too (figure of speech- I don't think weeds really learn!) ;) Today she said "mommy, you are a great and excellent mommy" wow... amazing coming from a little girl who isn't even 2 1/2. i'm incredibly blessed. and I must say, I'm a lil obsessed with my children. They are just amazing....
Unfortunately, I can't blame my being busy on the fact that our house is for sale. It's been a month without ONE showing! Last summer when our house was on the market we had 2-3 showings a week! It kept us crazy busy and we almost lost our minds... (I'm not gonna go into the drama about the buyer we had that backed out last minute causing us to obtain a lawyer). I really have no "vibe" this time around... Which is a bummer, but ya never know what might happen. We have an open house tomorrow. Maybe someone will love it and we can proceed with buying our dream house near our parents! Yes- we wanna be near our parents! They play such a huge role in our lives and in the lives of our children, so it would be a blessing to be closer to them.
My mom is half way done with chemo and radiation for her cancer. But, don't ask me how she is doing because I'm still not convinced she is being honest with me or my sisters. Which can be bothersome because I wanna be supportive and I wanna do what I can to help her. but she doesn't wanna be a burden. Is it socially acceptable to slap someone and tell them they aren't a burden? ;) I'm guess-timating that her surgery will be near the end of August. I bet she is dreading it and can't wait for it all at the same time. I look back at old pictures and just wonder 'did she have cancer when this was taken.' and I look back at pictures and feel a sense of uncertainty because I don't know what the future holds... I KNOW with all of my heart that my mom is gonna beat this, but I also know that this has changed my family forever. And I'm a creature of habit. I don't like change. Maybe it's a change for the better? maybe we can all find a way to turn this into an opportunity to be better people, be stronger people, be a closer-knit family... Only time will tell. And until then, we will face each day with the uncertainty that cancer brings. Damn, cancer....

No comments:

Post a Comment